Beginning Open Water Classes
This is how you get started…
Open Water Scuba Diver is the entry level PADI certification that upon completion allows you to dive with a qualified buddy to depths of up to sixty feet below the surface of water that has air and not caves at the surface.
In our PADI Open Water Diver Course you will experience the excitement and adventure of our underwater world. The PADI Open Water Course will provide you with the knowledge and skills you will need to safely visit the underwater environment. You earn this certification by completing the following:
- 5 knowledge development sessions (classroom video and lecture)
- 5 Pool Sessions
- 4 Open Water (ocean, lake, or quarry) Dives
On completion of the open water certification dives you will receive your PADI certification card, which never expires. The cost for the complete certification is $275.
$50.00 deposit holds your space in class. You also receive your PADI Open Water book kit. Deposit is non-refundable if the book kit is not returned or is damaged.
Upcoming class dates: Stevens Point
Stevens Point 2014
May 30, 31, June 1 (Weekend) June 16, 18, 23, 25, & 30 (3 Week / Monday & Wednesday, 6:00-10:00pm) July 8, 10,15,17 & 22 (3 Week / Tuesday & Thursday, 6:00-10:00pm) July 28, 30, August 4, 6, & 11 (3 Week / Monday & Wednesday, 6:00-10:00pm) September 9, 16, 23, 30, & Oct. 7 (5 Week / Tuesdays 5:30- 9:30pm) September 11, 18, 25, Oct. 2, & 9 (5 Week / Thursdays 5:30-9:30pm) September 19, 20, 21 (Weekend / Friday Night, Saturday & Sunday) October 10, 11, 12 (Weekend / Friday Night, Saturday & Sunday)
- November 4, 11, 18, 25, & Dec. 2 (5 Week / Tuesdays 5:30- 9:30pm)
- November 6, 13, 20, Dec 4, & 11 (5 Week / Thursdays 5:30-9:30pm)
- December 5, 6, 7 (Weekend / Friday Night, Saturday & Sunday)
Stevens Point 2015
- January 27, Feb 3, 10, 17, 23 (5 Week / Tuesdays 5:30- 9:30pm)
- January 29, Feb 5, 12, 19, 26 (5 Week / Thursdays 5:30-9:30pm)
- February 6, 7, 8 OR Feb 13, 14 15 (Weekend / Friday Night, Saturday & Sunday)
- March 3, 5, 10, 12 (3 Week / Tuesday & Thursday, 5:30 – 9:30pm)
- March 31, Apr 7, 14, 21, 28 (5 Week / Tuesdays 5:30- 9:30pm)
- April 2, 9, 16, 23 , 30 (5 Week / Thursdays 5:30-9:30pm)
- April 10, 11, 12 OR April 17, 18, 19 (Weekend / Friday Night, Saturday & Sunday)
- June 5, 6, 7 (Weekend / Friday Night, Saturday & Sunday)
What You Learn
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to review your skills and explore!
If you’ve tried scuba diving through a Discover Scuba Diving experience or resort course, the skills you learned may be credited towards a portion of the full PADI Open Water Diver course certification. Ask your instructor or call the shop ahead of time to get the required form.
To enroll in the PADI Open Diver course or Junior Open Water Diver course, you must
- Be 10 years or older
The fun part about this course is . . . well, just about all of it because learning to dive is incredible. You breathe underwater for the first time and learn what you need to know to become a certified diver. During the course, you’ll make at least five pool dives and four dives at local dive sites under the supervision of our PADI Instructors.
Get College Credit
You may be able to earn college credit for the PADI Open Water Diver course!
The Scuba Gear You Use
In the PADI Open Water Diver course, you learn to use basic scuba gear including a dive computer, and standard accessories. You will wear a full wetsuit in both the pool classes and during your checkout dives.
The Learning Materials You’ll use
The Open Water Diver materials are included in the cost of certification and cover what you need to know about basic scuba diving skills, terminology and safety procedures. For each concept you’ll read a description and watch a video demonstration. Then you’ll jump in the pool to practice these skills with your classmates and instructor. Later, as a certified diver, use the course materials as a reference guide for future diving adventures and to review what you learned.
The cost of the open water diver course is $275.00 and includes books, dive table, gear rental, and your checkout dives. We do not charge extra for your checkout dives like other places do! You will need to supply your own snorkeling equipment: Mask, Fins, and Snorkel, and we recommend you consider booties and gloves if you will be doing your checkout dives in the spring or early summer.